WL Toys has been doing well with its mini quadcopters recently, releasing a whole range which are regularly top sellers on websites like amazon. The V939, V202, V262 and the level entry V222 which we reviewed last week are just a few currently available.
They are quickly becoming the go to company for small, inexpensive high quality drones that are not just loved by kids – but are loved and used massively by adults who love flying quadcopters and drones.
If you are looking for an entry level quadcopter that will let you learn how to fly a quadcopterlike a pro, The V959 quadcopter could be the best choice for you.
Well, scroll down and find out!
INTRODUCING THE V959 QUADCOPTER
The V959 quadcopter is a camera fitted drone that weighs under 100 grams. It comes with an SD card (2GB) which can be, obviously, upgraded. The resolution of the camera is 640×480 making it just an OK camera for new entrants as you do not have to worry too much about smashing up your brand new GoPro /4K or even one of this DSLR cameras.
Straight out the box and its ready to fly. You just have to insert batteries and charge it for extended flight time (we always recommend you fully charge brand new drones). You also have the option of removing the camera if you do not wish to film your flight.
WL Toys have managed to build yet another durable quadcopter that can withstand its fair share of newbie crashes (it will happen). With parts readily available on websites like amazon, if anything major should break and need replaced then simply head online. Not an issue.
When it comes to flying and in-flight control, you won’t find it hard at all. It has a built in gyro thus you can do all the flips and twists while maintaining your control on it. It has two flying modes; simple and advance (trick). In the advance mode, you can do flips and rolls and other nice maneuvers which will keep you entertained and impress those watching! We had a nice little crowd in our office watching during our v222 quadcopter review.
- RTF quadcopter.
- All the parts are available in market and thus can be replaced if needed.
- It has 2.4 GHz transmitter and a built-in gyro system.
- You can fly multiple V959 quadcopters at a time from the same location without messing their frequencies.
- It has a built-in camera for recording and taking pictures. You can take pictures and record video from specialized buttons on transmitter.
- Flight time of up to 10 minutes and charge time is well over 60 minutes.
- It has a fairly decent range (50 to 100 meters)
- It is firmly built. It can withstand crashes – at least its first one.
- Best for beginners due to stable flight.
- It has two flying modes enabling you to switch to advance mode where you can do flips and rolls.
- Comes with a built-in camera for taking photos and making videos.
- Flight time is around 10 minutes which is good as compared to other entry level drones.
- A bit expensive.
- Camera result is not very impressive.