Syma has flooded the market with its inexpensive entry-level quadcopters for a while now. Although not on the same level as their RC Helicopter department they have still managed to became pretty famous for entry level quadcopters or appealing to those looking for the best drone to fly for a beginner.
One of the most famous drones from Syma is the X5 and the X5C models. The Syma X5C quadcopter is the upgraded version of original X5 model. The only real difference between these two quadcopters is the inclusion of a camera. For those looking to get into aerial drone photography then the X5C could be a good choice.
Here is an in-depth look at the Syma X5C quadcopter.
INTRODUCING THE SYMA X5C QUADCOPTER
In this review, we will focus on Syma X5C since it is one of the top products from the company.
It is a ready-to-fly quadcopter however before you can fly it for the first time, you have to connect its propellers. One of the best things about Syma X5C quadcopter is its solid build. Despite its low price, it is very strongly built. I am not saying that it can stand a huge crash but it can, for sure, handle those tiny bumps and jerks which is excellent for beginners looking to start flying drones and quadcopters.
The remote control is nicely built and feels firm and solid in your hand. The overall package of the quad, camera and remote all fit well together and are pleasing to the eye.
So how is the camera you ask? Well for an entry level model it gets the job done, it has a 2 Megapixel camera which we feel is good enough for the price and the pictures we took were off decent quality considering the size. You cannot get those high quality images and create videos the way you do from GoPro but the price difference between a GoPro drone and the entry level market is huge.
When it comes to flying, the flight is superb and is extremely stable. You can fly it indoors as well as outdoors. Flying is easy. Even if you haven’t flown a quad before, you can easily pick it in the first attempt. It is a decent drone for beginners with plenty of support online should you find yourself needing to repair small parts.
- Easy to fly
- Comes with a camera
- 4 channel
- 4 GHz transmitter
- Up to 50 meters range
- Very stable flight
- Six axis gyro
- Up to 10 minutes of flight time
- It is a perfect entry level quadcopter for all those who want to learn flying.
- Since the primary audience of Syma X5C quadcopter is beginners therefore flying it is easy.
- It is an affordable quad.
- It comes with a 2 Megapixel camera. The output of the camera is just OK but the thing is none of the other quads in this price range are offering camera. If Syma is offering one, we should appreciate them.
- Strong design and durable drone.
- Flight time is exceptionally low.
- Range is low (under 50 meters).
- Due to lightweight, it cannot smoothly fly outdoor in wind.